Ke$ha - C'Mon

March 11, 2013 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Ke$ha, real name Kesha Sebert, annoyed the hell out of me last week, when I was expecting her to release this single in the UK, instead I had to struggle to find a different new release, and I ended up with Daniela Brooker's "Heartbreaker". Then a couple of days ago, I notice the remixes single released claiming to be released at the start of March, which it wasn't. Ke$ha, has recently been disappearing slowly, but all of her UK 'Animals', aren't going to let her become unknown to us. I am hoping she returns with a big song soon, her new album is full of potential hits, so pull a good one out the bag Ke$ha, especially the one that features Iggy Pop called "Dirty Love", it's my favourite track from 'Warrior'.

"C'mon" was written by Kesha, Dr. Luke, Bonnie McKee, Max Martin, Melin Shikder, Cirkut and Benny Blanco. A lot of well-known song writers, and although the song is very catchy it didn't chart as well as it should've done, especially in the UK since there was a mix-up with the release date. Some people have commented saying this isn't wacky enough for Ke$ha, and we can kind of see what those people mean, especially if you compared the song to "TiK ToK" or "Blah Blah Blah". But she definitely makes up for it in the video.

The video looks normal at first, showing her being late for her shift at a diner, only her boss is sleazy. His name is Ri¢hard (similar to Ke$ha because he has a cent sign in his name). She soon quits her job, and that is when her 'Animals' turn up and makes everything out of this world.

It has nothing to do with the song, and that is what I find is really missing. However there's a lot of fun going on, especially in the back of the van, it's much bigger inside than it is on the outside, clearly.

I like how they return to the diner and get their revenge. I think the people dressed up are amazing, especially since on of them does a back flip! But I wanted meaning, I wanted a connection with the song.

Overall a song that should've charted well everywhere. And an accompanying music video that needs some engagement, however manages to hook to the song with the use of her singing 'I don't wanna go to sleep, I wanna stay up all night' so hence the partying, and just having fun. But needs more of a connection.

0 comments: