KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World

December 02, 2012 Critic Jonni 3 Comments

After thinking it over and over, about what to do for my Sunday Revisit, I finally settled on this one from KT Tunstall, purely because my next-door flatmate is playing it everyday. Honestly, I'm not that interested in this song, but I don't really know why.

As I mentioned in my previous blog post of "Suddenly I See". KT Tunstall, real name Kate Tunstall, has been going since 2004. Even in 2012, almost 2013, people are still playing her songs, it shows longevity, but without a top 10 behind her, is she slowly disappearing? Or will her future single have that top 10 stamp of approval?

"Other Side Of The World" was KT Tunstall's highest charting single at number 13, until the following single of "Suddenly I See" got 1 position higher. It was written by KT Tunstall and Martin Terefe. It's about a long distance relationship and is based on a true story as 2 friends of KT Tunstall's were in a long distance relationship where one was in Britain and the other was in New York. They took this idea onto the music video.

The music video is narrative based. Featuring KT Tunstall and an unknown male actor (anyone who knows who it is please comment below and I'll add it. I have a few names but can't be certain). They are on opposite sides of the world. It looks like he isn't quite over her as we might first think, and she is still in love with him. I love how the ending is a complete reverse from the start.

The only problem I have with this music video is that it doesn't keep me entertained, I find it difficult to watch two simultaneous scenes, however I like the idea, and it's extremely clever, I just feel it's hard to keep up with it.

Overall a great song, that isn't something I would go out of my way to listen to, unlike one of my uni flatmates, however I understand why he likes it so much. As for the music video, it's a great concept and should've worked great, but it's missing something, and I won't be watching it again, unless I have to.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! The name of the actor is shawn Joswick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I've wanted to know that data for years...

      Delete
  2. And who's the male vocalist shown side-by-side at the microphone with her?

    ReplyDelete