Rascal Flatts - Banjo

August 08, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

As you already know, I've been playing SongPop a lot lately, and I just bought the Modern Country pack from coins I've earned by winning games, and this song keeps standing out at me, so I thought I'd review it.

Rascal Flatts are a 3 piece Country band consisting of Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney, they released their first album in 2000, and have been extremely popular in the US. However they've only released 3 albums in the UK, and have charted twice on the UK Singles chart, with "Bless The Broken Road" and "What Hurts The Most". Country music is getting slowly more popular in the UK, with the likes of Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry all doing well over here, could it be possible Rascal Flatts will give it a go? I sure hope so as this song is so catchy I can't stop clicking the repeat button, I hope this song gets released soon, I can see this being a chart hit.

"Banjo" was written by Tony Martin, Wendell Mobley and Neil Thrasher. The latter two have written many songs for Rascal Flatts. The idea of this song came to Wendell and Neil as they followed directions to Gary LeVox's farm. As it's in the middle of nowhere and you go across creeks and past shacks. It's got one catchy chorus that I can't help but sing-a-long to, and I don't think I'm the only one. If it were to be released in the UK, then I think Radio 1 would definitely pick it up, some radio play will get this song high on the chart, it's amazingly catchy, just wish it were released in the UK, I want it!

This music video is uniquely different. I have to admit it's hard to stand out as there are a lot of music videos out, and no matter what you do it's probable that you'll do the exact same thing as someone else without even realising. This steps out from Rascal Flatts predictable music videos, they all play different characters Gary's a bus driver, Jay is a lecturer and Joe Don is a lawyer. I laugh at the fact that they don't even meet up, it's quite different you have Gary singing with no instruments, and the others are playing instruments with no lyrics.

The girl who is playing the banjo is Ashley Campbell, most known for being the daughter of Glen Campbell. And it fits in perfectly as she looks great and it's exactly what we need to see in a country music video. It fits with the video as you have "to go-go-go-go-go till you hear a banjo."

Overall a great catchy song that needs to be released in the UK, it's accompanying music video is great, perfect and fits with the song amazingly. I have no problems with this video at all... Well maybe one... Please give it to UK music channels! I've been unsure of what rating to give to this, but since I can't think of anything bad to say of this video, it deserves this rating!
Buy on Amazon

0 comments: