Aaron Carter - I Want Candy

April 21, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments



Me and my brother decided to watch "Hop" today, and this song is on there, but actually sung by Cody Simpson (who never released a music video). So I was thinking of all the artists who has sung this song, and I came up with Aaron Carter and Melanie C (the latter being not so interesting, and didn't do very well here in the UK). So I chose Aaron Carter, as I remember watching it when I was young.

Aaron Carter was really well-known when he was younger, and was getting many chart hits, but he soon faded out, as many artists from that era do. Recently he went on "Dancing With The Stars" and did pretty well getting to finish in fifth place. So now he has become popular once again. Is a new album going to appear? We'll have to wait and see.

"I Want Candy" original version was made in 1965 and performed by The Strangeloves, it was written by Bert Berns, Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer. The song has been covered many times by many different people including: Bow Wow Wow, Candy Girls, Melanie C, Billie Piper, and Jedward amongst others. I was just really surprised it was first released in 1965.

This music video is hilarious to be honest, they all look so very young. Aaron Carter was in fact 12 when the song was released. It paints a picture of him liking a girl called Candy and they go out on dates, but his friends always shows up and ruins it. He's forever saying sorry.

My question is: is Candy boring? She doesn't get into the popcorn fight, she doesn't enjoy anything until the very end... It just doesn't exactly work and doesn't link in that well.

I'm surprised this is all I have to say, but at the end of the day, I think Aaron Carter was too young at that time to actually understand what the song was about, it certainly wasn't about a girl's name, and Cody Simpson is wrong too that it's not about Candy/Chocolate...

Overall a very big story-based music video that just isn't that interesting, it's a typical young music video, that has been done many times over. It looks like Aaron Carter will be returning in the future (he is now 24), and I very much doubt he'll be going down this route again.
Buy on iTunes

0 comments: